14 takeaways from the Bears’ 23-17 loss to the Falcons
Some thoughts and observations after watching the film and going through the stats of the Bears’ 23-17 loss to the Falcons on Sunday (as previously shared on Twitter):
1. Bears QB Mike Glennon was fine. He wasn’t the reason they lost the game. But he could have been the reason they won.
2. Expect more from Glennon; the Bears do. If they wanted a game manager, Brian Hoyer was cheaper. Glennon is supposed to be better.
3. At some point, Glennon has to create for himself and his Bears offense. Starting QBs do that. Pressure is part of his life.
4. I was surprised at how soft the Falcons’ coverage was on the Bears’ final drive. Glennon had open throws underneath.
5. The Bears took too long to establish tight Dion Sims (first catch on last play of third quarter) and receiver Kendall Wright (all production came in the fourth quarter). I wanted to see more.
6. Last point on Glennon: His lack of athleticism will be issue if the Bears’ wide receivers can’t gain immediate separation. I counted one rollout, which resulted in a sack by outside linebackers Brooks Reed.
7. Bears defensive lineman Akiem Hicks was outstanding. He’s well worth the …read more
Source:: Chicago Sun-Times – Sports